Saturday, February 5, 2011

Tasmania

Our week in Tasmania has drawn to a close.  Despite a couple of odd tour guides that made the trip at times rather awkward, we really got to see all the highlights of the island.  And they were worth seeing.

In essence, Tasmania is all about wildlife and beautiful views.  We got to take in our fair share of kangaroos, wallabies, pademelons and birds, and of course the Tasmanian devil.  We even got to see a Tasmanian Tiger Snake (extremely poisonous) nonchalantly meander across our path.





Although we had some rainy weather, Tasmania is still an undeniably beautiful place.  There are plenty of mountains and lakes and waterfalls and rainforests to keep a person busy for at least a week.  My favorite part, however, might have been the rocky East coast.  We also go treated to a beatiful sunset on the West coast on our second to last night.





Despite all the pretty scenery, I have to confess that my favorite thing this past week was probably hand feeding kangaroos at a wildlife preserve.  It's a pretty surreal experience to watch a kangaroo hop straight up to you.

Now I'm off on a solo trip to the outback for the next 5 days.  Along with the reef, I was looking forward to this part of the trip the most, so I'm really excited to get there.  It looks like I might even be spared the typical 100+ degree temperatures (if you can believe weather forecasts).

And I also feel like I've now become a total cliche, as I'm blogging in an airport.  But free wireless is free wireless - thank you Sydney airport!

No comments:

Post a Comment