Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bratislava!

Bratislava was exactly the break I needed.  I only wish I could have spent a night there.  It is not a large town and can easily be seen in a day, but the atmosphere is laid back and lively.  There was a band playing in the main square and stands set up where people were selling hand made crafts and souvenirs.  I finally got to buy some jewelry for the first time on this trip (which we all know makes me very happy).  I would definitely pass through Bratislava again if I'm ever back in this part of Europe.






Adding to the liveliness of the town was the fact that the Irish had decended upon Bratislava in droves for today's soccer game against Slovakia.  Everywhere I turned I saw people in full Ireland regalia, some even wearing kilts.  I have to hand it to the Irish - they definitely know how to have a good time.

Even though I wanted to stay, I got back on the boat to Vienna and was treated to a lovely sunset over the Danube (no poisonous Hungarian sludge in sight).



Now I'm off to enjoy my last day of vacation - how the time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment