Friday, November 7, 2014

Road Trip Days 2-4: Nashville and St. Louis

After switching out the cursed car, my road trip was back on track. My friends and I had a great time exploring the honky tonks of downtown Nashville.


We got to try some delicious famous Nashville hot chicken at Hattie B's, one of the most famous hot chicken joints in town (conveniently right near our hotel).



We also attended a beautiful wedding of a friend of ours, which was the impetus of this entire trip and what made me get the idea to do the road trip in the first place.

After I left Nashville, I headed to St. Louis to visit a friend from college. When I saw the Arch as I approached the city, it truly dawned on me for the first time that I was really doing this road trip and seeing all new parts of America. The drive into St. Louis got me really excited. My friend kindly obliged my desire to be a tourist and visit the Arch. It's an amazing structure up close, and the ride to the top in the tiny elevator pods was a completely unique experience.




From the top of the Arch it seems like America stretches on forever in each direction. I got a good view looking west, where I'll be headed in the days to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment